Industry minister Moore name luncheon keynote at AIAC event
Sept. 17, 2014, Ottawa - The Hon. James Moore, Minister of Industry, has been confirmed as the Leadership Luncheon keynote speaker at the 2014 Canadian Aerospace Summit on November 19, 2014. The Summit, an annual conference and trade show hosted by the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC), is Canada’s premiere aerospace event.
A strong partnership between industry and government is critical to the long-term success of aerospace in Canada," said Jim Quick, President and CEO of AIAC. "Over the past few years, Minister Moore and his Cabinet colleagues have worked hard to introduce programs and initiatives that will make a real difference when it comes to improving our aerospace competitiveness at home and abroad. We look forward to welcoming Minister Moore to the Summit in November."
Additional speakers and panelists at the 2014 Canadian Aerospace Summit include:
- William H. Gerstenmaier, Associate Administrator, Human Exploration and Operations, NASA
- Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration, US Department of Commerce
- Shay Assad, Director of Defense Pricing, US Department of Defense
- Debbie Rub, Vice President and General Manager, Global Strike, Boeing Military Aircraft
- Barry Kohler, President and CEO, Bell Helicopter Textron Canada
- Kevin Michaels, Global Managing Director – Aviation Consulting & Services, ICF International
- Ron Epstein, PhD, Managing Director, Aerospace & Defense, BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc.
- John Manley, President and CEO, Canadian Council of Chief Executives
- Jayson Myers, President and CEO, Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters
- Perrin Beatty, President and CEO, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Joe Anselmo, Editor in Chief, Aviation Week
The Summit draws nearly 1000 attendees each year, including C-suite representatives from major Canadian and international OEM and Tier 1 companies and senior government officials from Industry Canada, Public Works and Government Services, and the Department of National Defence. Alongside the conference program, the Summit also offers a B2B and Trade Show.
The Summit will take place on November 18-19, 2014 at the Ottawa Convention Centre in Ontario, Canada. For more information, please visit www.aerospacesummit.ca.