Accumetrics introduces high-resolution/high-bandwidth multi-channel digital telemetry system
Sept. 11, 2008, Schenectady – A new multi-channel high speed digital
wireless telemetry system for demanding dynamic applications such as
gas/ steam turbines, aerospace and other needs is now available from
Accumetrics Associates, Inc.
September 11, 2008 By Administrator
Sept. 11, 2008, Schenectady – A new multi-channel high speed digital wireless telemetry system for demanding dynamic applications such as gas/ steam turbines, aerospace and other needs is now available from Accumetrics Associates, Inc.
Called the AT-7400, the new system – based on a standardized, expandable “building block” system architecture – replaces sliprings for reliable sensor data transfer off of rotating structures and provides high bandwidth and high resolution needed for:
· turbine blade data,
· torsional vibration,
· pressure sensor data,
· noise and vibration ,
· engine monitoring, and
· high speed bearing research
Building on and extending the proven technology of Accumetrics’ AT-7000 system, the AT-7400 provides:
· Sensor inputs for dynamic and static strain gages, pressure sensors, RTD’s, thermocouples,
differential voltages/ currents.
· Scalable architecture: from 1 to over 600 sensor inputs.
· Auto-balancing of sensor bridges.
· Simultaneous sampling on all channels.
· Demonstrated aggregate sampling rates of over 3 megasamples/sec (continuous throughput of well
over 50 megabits per second) using sixteen 3.58Mbps data streams.
· Internal (time-based) or external (RPM or rotor azimuth-based) clock sampling.
· 16 bit resolution for all dynamic channels.
· Anti-alias filtering and digitizing on the rotor.
· Digital data transmission off the rotating shaft.
· Ethernet data output from remote receivers for high volume data transmission and signal
· Robust digital data that is EMI resistant.
Sensor signals collected by the AT-7400 are amplified, anti-alias filtered (10th order linear phase, with user controlled filter cutoff frequency) and 16-bit digitized while on the rotor. All channels are simultaneously sampled, avoiding data skewing errors. Data streams of digital pulse code modulation data are transferred off rotor by short range RF transmission. The digital data streams are carried by coaxial cables to remote receiver(s) which present data to users via Ethernet, analog, or other output formats. Software is provided with the AT-7400 system for control and data archiving.
Accumetrics Associates supplies advanced digital rotor telemetry equipment to manufacturers and users of rotating machinery throughout the world. By adapting advanced aerospace technology to rotating machines, Accumetrics has become a worldwide technological leader and has established alliances with leading manufacturers of motors, generators, and turbomachinery. Accumetrics’ product offerings range from highly sophisticated digital telemetry systems with hundreds of channels to simple, low-cost devices that monitor and protect rotor components.