Airport officials receive European Awards
May 20, 2009 – Business aviation leader Marwan Khalek and Lyon-Bron are two business airport officials honoured with European Business Aviation Awards.
May 20, 2009 By Administrator
May 20, 2009 – Geneva, Switzerland,– The European Business Aviation Association (EBAA) and National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the recipients of the 2009 European Business Aviation Awards.
Receiving this year’s awards are Marwan Khalek, CEO and co-founder of Gama Aviation Limited, for his many years of tireless advocacy on the industry’s behalf, and officials at the Lyon-Bron Business Airport, who have long promoted the economic value business aviation brings to the community surrounding the airport.
The European Business Aviation Awards are presented each year during the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE), the only European exhibition focusing solely on business aviation.
In recognizing Marwan Khalek, EBAA President and CEO Brian Humprhies commended his effectiveness as a businessman and champion for the industry. “As many people know, Marwan launched Gama Aviation Limited over two decades ago, and his commitment and dedication to excellence were key to Gama’s emergence as a premier international business aviation group known for outstanding customer service.
“Marwan’s commitment to his business has been matched by his dedication to preserving operators’ access to airports and making sure the industry’s voice is heard on other top priorities. We thank him for his many lasting contributions to business aviation.”
In honoring officials at Lyon-Bron Business Airport, EBAA Board Chairman Rodolfo Baviera noted the hard-won effort by airport officials to develop a constructive dialogue with residents in the area surrounding the airport, so that citizens would understand the economic and other benefits business aviation activity brings to the local community. Those efforts have helped ensure that the airport remains open to operators 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“Over the years, officials at the airport have met with local policymakers, business leaders and others to promote the value of business aviation activity,” said Baviera. “With this award, we recognize the leadership shown by these airport officials in reaching out to the surrounding community.”
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen echoed the comments by Humphries and Baviera, stating: "It is an honor to recognize these leaders for their dedication and many contributions to business aviation."
Past recipients of the European Business Aviation Award are as follows (titles shown were current at time of award presentation):
- Mark Booth, chairman and CEO of NetJets Europe (2008)
- Judith Moreton, Bombardier Skyjet International, and Mark Wilson, British Business and General Aviation Association (2007)
- Geneva PALEXPO and Flight Safety International (2006)
- TAG Aviation and Cannes/Mandelieu Airport (2005)
- Jean-Francois Georges, Dassault Aviation, and Fernand Francois, European Business Aviation Association (2004)
- Ahid Quntar, Royal Wings/Arab Wings, and Andrew Walters, Regional Airports Ltd. (2003)
- Richard Gooding, London City Airport, and Jean-Pierre Jobin, Geneva International Airport (2002)
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, LEGO, and Frederik Sørensen, Head of Unit, European Commission (2001)