Airports Canada Exhibit Hall fully booked
April 8, 2009 – Top Canadian airport conference to take place in Ottawa-Gatineau April 28-30, 2009.
April 8, 2009 By Carey Fredericks
April 8, 2009, Ottawa – The Canadian Airports Council today announced that it has fully booked the exhibit hall portion of its upcoming Airports Canada 2009 Conference and Exhibition. Attendee registrations are still available for the conference, which will be held in Ottawa-Gatineau April 28-30, 2009.
"The success of our Airports Canada 2009 Exhibition, our largest ever,shows the important role our conference plays for companies interested in the reaching airport sector leadership in Canada." said CAC President and CEO Jim Facette. "This year's gathering represents the best opportunity in Canada to discuss the issues and challenges facing Canada's airports sector with those who are leading it."
Attendee registration sales also have progressed steadily and the eventis on target to include more than 200 attendees. Themed "Leadership for Challenging Times," Airports Canada 2009 will feature presentations from aviation sector leaders in Canada and around the world.
Speakers and panellists include:
– Perrin Beatty – President & CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
– Andy Blackwell – Head of Aviation Security, Virgin Atlantic Airways
– Joram Bobasch – EVP, ICTS Europe
– Derek H. Burney – Senior Strategic Advisor, Ogilvy Renault LLP
– John Byerly – Deputy Assistant Secretary, Transportation Affairs, U.S.State Department
– Michelle di Leo – Director, Flying Matters (UK)
– Jean-Marc Eustache, President & CEO, Transat
– Angela Gittens – Director General of Airports Council International
– Allan Gregg – Chairman of Harris/Decima
– Marc Gregoire – Assistant Deputy Minister, Safety and Security at the Department of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities
– Catherine Harmel-Tourneur – Director, DKMA
– Tina Kremmidas – Assistant Vice President and Senior Economist of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
– Andrew Lynch – CEO of SSP
– Kevin Molloy – Vice President, Simplified Passenger Travel and Chief Information Officer for the Vancouver Airport Authority
– Dr. Lloyd McCoomb – President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority
– Andrew Parker – SVP, International, Public, Industry & Environment Affairs, Emirates
– Guylaine Roy – Associate Assistant Deputy Minister, Policy, Transport Canada
– Jeffrey Shane – Partner, Hogan & Hartson LLP; Chair, IATA Agenda for Freedom
– Stanis Smith – Senior Vice President, Stantec
– Mike Tretheway – Executive Vice President, InterVISTAS
– Ajay Virmani – President & Chief Executive Officer, Cargojet
Now held only every two years, Airports Canada is attended by over 200 top airport executives, and senior executives/officials from air carriers, retail/service partners and government.
For more information about Airports Canada 2009, please visit the CAC website at www.canadasairports.com
About the Canadian Airports Council
The Canadian Airports Council (CAC) is the voice for Canada's airports.Its 45 members represent more than 180 airports, including all of the National Airports System (NAS) airports and most significant municipal airports in every province and territory. Together, CAC members handle virtually all of the nation's air cargo and international passenger traffic and 95% of domestic passenger traffic. They create in excess of $45 billion in economic activity in the communities they serve. And more than 200,000 jobs are directly associated with CAC member airports, generating a payroll of more than $8 billion annually.