Faculty – Aircraft Maintenance Technology
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posted on May 24, 2023
Aviation Institute/Ivany Campus
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
School of Trades and Transportation
Term Full-time Position: Commencing approximately September 1, 2023 and ending approximately December 22, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59PM, June 1, 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO COMPETITION # 2023-128 (B) AT WWW.NSCC.CA/JOBS
The salary scale for NSCC Faculty is based on twelve steps that range from $65,422.78 – $96,815.67. New Faculty may receive up to a maximum of five steps for relevant occupational experience and may receive up to an additional four steps for full-time equivalent years of instructional experience (instructional experience is defined as teaching post-secondary). The maximum a new Faculty can expect to receive is nine steps or 88,654.70.
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License: M1 and/or M2 rating or a Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License: “E” rating.
- You have a minimum of five years (full-time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience in fixed and/or rotary wing aircraft maintenance and repair. NOTE: Two years of your training will be counted towards the educational requirements and cannot be included as part of your occupational experience.
- Occupational experience that includes experience in a supervisory capacity; evaluating, monitoring, assessing and advising will be considered an asset.
- You have a clear understanding of Manufacturer’s and Regulatory Documentation (CAR 566); including SRM, Service Bulletins, Engineering Drawings, etc.
- You have extensive knowledge and skilled use of the tools of the trade and the processes to perform duties as assigned.
- Hands-on experience as a rotary and fixed wing AME would be considered a strong asset.
- You have demonstrated experience liaising with business and industry in your field.
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and email.
- You are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in support of an exceptional student experience, including multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will engage students in online and blended learning.
- Ideally, you have related experience in delivery of educational programs or training to adults.
- Occupational experience that includes experience in providing performance feedback will be considered an asset.
- You have knowledge and experience in applying WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and occupation-specific safety practices.
- You are comfortable using multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will serve to engage students in online and blended learning capacities. The ability to teach effectively in an online/blended environment which includes building knowledge of best practices for the delivery and management of courses delivered whole or in part online, using a course management system to communicate with students and to foster and support a collaborative online learning community with and between students will be an important factor in your success. Candidates who do not have previous online/blended teaching experience must be open to and willing to participate in training for this delivery model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-racism
- You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences
- You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively
- Your superb team building skills will enable you to develop a positive classroom dynamic and productive collegial relationships
- Your commitment to excellence, to life-long learning and to community involvement make you an ideal candidate for Faculty at NSCC
Apply contact: email@example.com