EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2008: Perfect for Affordable Family Fun
July 29, 2008 Oshkosh, Wis - EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is not only "The
World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," it's also an outstanding value
for families looking for a unique attraction this summer.
July 29, 2008 Oshkosh, Wis – EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is not only "The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," it's also an outstanding value for families looking for a unique attraction this summer.
The 56th annual edition of the EAA fly-in convention is July 28-August 3 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, and will welcome more than 10,000 airplanes, including 2,500 showplanes.
EAA AirVenture features a gathering of airplanes that is unmatched anywhere else in the world, from the smallest ultralight to the largest cargo aircraft. While it is known as the ultimate annual event for those who are involved in aviation, EAA AirVenture also appeals to people of all ages who seek a spectacular, fun and educational getaway.
"EAA AirVenture has always been a family-friendly event and more than just a world-class air show, with aviation exhibits, entertainment, special presentations and personalities, and much more," said Tom Poberezny, EAA president and AirVenture chairman. "Families will discover that a day at EAA AirVenture is quite affordable. Admission and parking fees are less than those at many of the big events and attractions in Wisconsin, and admission includes almost everything on the grounds."
Among the activities designed for families and included in EAA AirVenture admission are:
* KidVenture: For the past decade, thousands of young people and their families have enjoyed aviation in hands-on projects and demonstrations. From glider and rocket building to flying control-line and radio-controlled aircraft, young people can discover more about flight.
* Air show spectaculars: From dazzling aerobatics and formation flights, to historic warbirds and modern military aircraft, amazing displays fly daily over the AirVenture flight line.
* Up-close and personal: There is no better public opportunity to see some of the world's most unique aircraft up-close and talk to the pilots who fly them. On AeroShell Square, for instance, it's possible to talk with pilots who fly supersonic in military jets or pilot some of the most unique airplanes on earth. Throughout the week, aviation's top personalities and legends also make presentations and answer your questions.
* Future aviators welcome: There are play areas on the AirVenture grounds where the youngest aviation enthusiasts can explore the flights of their imagination in pedal airplanes, aviation toys and crafts, and other activities.
* Evening entertainment: EAA AirVenture offers post-air show activities for all ages, including: Aviation films projected on a five-story-high screen at the outdoor Ford Fly-In Theater, presented by Ford Motor Company and Eclipse Aviation (with appearances by Harrison Ford and John Travolta during the week); music by Foreigner on July 28 and Gary Sinise's "Lt. Dan Band" on August 1; comedy by Jeff Dunham on July 30; and more.
"EAA AirVenture has always been proud of its commitment to provide activities for the entire family, allowing families to create their own traditions throughout the grounds," Poberezny said. "Families from throughout North America return year after year, forging unforgettable memories through the years whether it's during a one-day visit or camping on the grounds for the entire week."
The family-friendly atmosphere includes areas for diaper changing and infant nursing, as well as other family amenities. Another AirVenture tradition is that no alcohol is sold or allowed on the flight line, contributing to the family atmosphere.
EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH is The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration and EAA's yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket purchase, is available through the World Wide Web at www.airventure.org. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org.