Eclipse Aviation celebrates 10-Year anniversary at customer E-rrival
May 30, 2008, Albuquerque, NM - Eclipse Aviation today celebrated its
10-year anniversary with its customers at the Eclipse Aviation Customer
E-rrival, the company’s customers-only event.
May 31, 2008 By Carey Fredericks
May 30, 2008, Albuquerque, NM – Eclipse Aviation today celebrated its 10-year anniversary with its customers at the Eclipse Aviation Customer E-rrival, the company’s customers-only event.
Nearly 300 customers and their guests touched down in Albuquerque for the three-day event, many of whom arrived in their own Eclipse 500 jets. The annual event commenced with an address from Eclipse Aviation President and CEO Vern Raburn.
“What better way to celebrate ten years than with the people who have stayed with us
through it all,” said Raburn. “We’ve come a long way, and have a lot to be proud of. The E-rrival is a way for us to thank our customers, and for the entire Eclipse Aviation family to look back at what we’ve accomplished and to celebrate what lies ahead.”
Eclipse customers attending the E-rrival this weekend will participate in a variety of activities, including: information sessions about owning, operating, and maintaining their Eclipse 500; tours of Eclipse Aviation facilities; simulator flights; an address from aviation humorist Rod Machado; golf tournament; reception and banquet; and family outings to New Mexico attractions.
Eclipse also delivered its 200th aircraft during the E-rrival, marking another milestone for the company. Since its inception, Eclipse Aviation has overcome many challenges and continues to make aviation history.
• 1998: Eclipse Aviation founded by Vern Raburn
• 2000: Eclipse Aviation moves headquarters to Albuquerque, N.M
• 2002: The Eclipse 500 is flown for the first time. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approves the use of Friction Stir Welding (FSW) to produce the Eclipse 500
• 2006: The 2005 Robert J. Collier Trophy is awarded to Eclipse Aviation for innovation in the advancement of general aviation through the design, development and manufacture of the Eclipse 500. Eclipse Aviation receives full type certification for the Eclipse 500 from the FAA. The first production Eclipse 500 receives its Certificate of Airworthiness from the FAA, and the first Eclipse 500 is delivered to a customer.
• 2007: Eclipse Aviation receives its production certificate from the FAA. The Eclipse Concept Jet is revealed at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Eclipse Aviation opens its Customer Training Center in Albuquerque, and an Eclipse Service Center (ESC) in Gainesville, Fla. The FAA certifies Avio NG Total Aircraft Integration™, an avionics system exclusive to the Eclipse 500.
• 2008: Eclipse Aviation becomes the fastest general aviation jet aircraft manufacturer in history to produce its first 100 airplanes. Eclipse achieves Part 142 Training Certification. Eclipse Aviation expands its partnership with European Technology and Investment Research Center (ETIRC) Aviation to extend the global reach and impact of the Eclipse 500. An ESC is opened in Albany, N.Y.