Fighter jets will soar at Waterloo Air Show
July 21, 2011, Breslau, Ont. - The roar of fighter jets will join the Canadian Forces Snowbirds on August 20th and 21st at the 3rd annual Waterloo Air Show at the Region of Waterloo International Airport. For the first time since an air show returned to the Region in 2009, thunder will fill the skies thanks to demonstrations by Canada's CF-18 Hornet and the U.S. Air Force's F-16 Fighting Falcon.
July 21, 2011 By Carey Fredericks
These acts will be joined by the Canadian Forces SkyHawks Parachute Team, offering guests all three Canadian military demonstration teams. All this in addition to daredevil aerobatics, historical warbirds and more!
2011 Waterloo Air Show line-up:
· Canadian Forces Snowbirds – with their awe-inspiring 9-plane aerobatic formations
· Canadian Forces SkyHawks – parachute formation team celebrating their 40th anniversary
· Canadian Forces CF-18 – Canada's fighter jet
· U.S. Air Force F-16 – American front line fighter jet
· Discovery Air 'Hawk One' – F-86 Sabre from Vintage Wings of Canada, Gatineau
· P-40N – WWII fighter, also from Vintage Wings of Canada, Gatineau
· L-29 – a 1960s Czechoslovakian military jet trainer
· T-33 Thunderbird – this long-time Cdn military aircraft is now retired and housed at the Waterloo airport
· Kent Pietsch – 3 acts in 1 aerial comedy routine, including landing his plane on an RV!
· Mike Wiskus – 2002 U.S. National Aerobatic Champion
· Harvard Formation Team – 3 planes from the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Assoc. in Tillsonburg
· Wayne Hadath – a Kitchener resident who will show off his racing F1-Rocket airplane
(all acts are subject to change due to operational duties and mechanical difficulties)
This year's Ground Display will also be the biggest to date, with additional aircraft parked for the weekend allowing people to see them up close, speak to the pilots, take photos, and sometimes climb aboard.
For additional entertainment, there will be educational ground displays, a kids amusement area, interactive family activities, performer autographs, food, a beer garden and more.
Bring the family to experience the thrills of the Waterloo Air Show — an awesome two-day event that will entertain, educate and inspire anyone who enjoys the thrill and power of flight.
DATE: Saturday, August 20 & Sunday, August 21
TIME: Gates open 10am – 5pm. Air Show runs 1-4pm.
WHERE: Region of Waterloo International Airport, 4881 Fountain Street North, Breslau
COST: General Admission $20 (discounted advanced purchase prices also available)
Children under 10 FREE
Seniors (65+) & Veterans FREE
VIP Flight Deck $150 (advanced sales only; includes 1 onsite parking, VIP tent, catered lunch, cash bar, centre stage viewing, performer autographs, and more. Limited tickets.)
TICKETS: Tickets can be purchased online at www.waterlooairshow.com.
PARKING: $5 off-site parking, with free shuttle buses to the show.
MORE INFO: www.waterlooairshow.com
Facebook Fan Page: Waterloo Air Show
Follow us on Twitter: WaterlooAirShow
The Waterloo Air Show is made possible by dozens of dedicated volunteers.