CL-415 CAPTAINDate Posted: November 10, 2017 - Date Ends: December 05, 2017
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Dryden, Garson
- Company: Ministry of Natural Resources, Government of Ontario
- Website: http://www.ontario.ca/careers
PLEASE NOTE: The total number of positions to be filled and locations have not been identified at this time. The results of this competition will be used to create an eligibility list for any upcoming CL-415 Captain vacancies that may be available in Garson and Dryden during the next 18 months.
When submitting your application, please indicate which location(s) you are applying for.
Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Division: Provincial Services Division/Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
City: Dryden, Garson
Job Term: Permanent
Job Code: 17269 - Pilot 5
Salary: $1,476.90 - $1,796.67 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Posting Status: Open
Job ID: 114322
What can I expect to do in this role?The benefits of this career include excellent compensation while working scheduled weekly rotations from both a home base location and remote operating facilities in northern Ontario.
• act as Pilot-in-Command on a CL-415 aircraft operating under visual and instrument flight rules to support forest fire suppression activities
• ensure the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft during all phases of flight
• be required to travel away from base, sometimes for extended periods
• be required to work overtime and to work in adverse conditions
How do I qualify?
In order to qualify for an interview, you will need to demonstrate the following:
• You have a valid Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License endorsed for single and multi-engine land and sea fixed wing aircraft.
• You have a Group 1 Instrument Rating.
• You have a valid Category 1 Medical.
• You have a valid restricted radio telephone operators certificate.
• You have the ability to pass Canadian and U.S. Transport Agency Security Screening.
• You possession of a valid Passport or ability to acquire.
• You have a minimum flight experience of 4000 hours total fixed wing flying time, 1000 hours float experience as Pilot-In-Command (PIC), 200 hours as second in command (SIC) on a CL415, or 3 seasons as SIC on a CL415 or 4000 hours total fixed wing flying time minimum, 500 hours float experience as PIC, 5 years as PIC on multi engine water-bombing aircraft.
• You have proven group leadership skills to act as a Captain assigning duties required to ensure the safe, efficient operation of the CL 415 aircraft during all phases of flight.
• You have the ability to lead the care and control of a multi-million dollar aircraft essential to fire suppression operations.
• You have the ability to make leadership decisions outside of established policies and procedures, with a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with problems or unsafe situations especially related to flight safety or required changes to existing applicable flight operations procedures.
Technical knowledge and skills:
• You have extensive knowledge of Aeronautics Act, Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR's) and the Canadian Air Service Standard.
• You have knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
• You have the ability to understand ministry air operations to safely operate aircraft according to regulations.
• You have extensive knowledge and proficiency on float aircraft, water bombing and instrument flight rules (IFR) transport flight operations
• You have an understanding of worker responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Judgment and decision-making skills:
• You have superior judgment and decision-making skills to apply sound pilot decision-making, ensuring that a safe and efficient environment is maintained for both crew and aircraft.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
• You have proven communication and interpersonal skills to deal with Nav-Canada, flight services, fire and air service staff, and a wide variety of client groups.
- Permanent, 149 Ghost Lake Road, Dryden, North Region or 6150 Skyline Drive, Garson, North Region
- The number of positions to be filled has not been identified at this time. This competition will be used to create an eligibility list of qualified candidates to fill upcoming opportunities within the next eighteen months following the closing date of the job ad posting.
- To learn more about working for the Ministry of Natural Resources, explore our website at www.mnr.gov.on.ca
How to apply:
- You must apply online at www.ontario.ca/careers.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.