Phase I Grob Flying InstructorDate Posted: May 18, 2018 - Date Ends: August 18, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Portage la Prairie, Manitoba (YPG)
- Company: KF Aerospace
- Contact: Terese Schroeder
- Phone: 204-428-2502
- Website: http://www.kfaero.ca/
The Grob fleet has a cadre of 25 Flight Instructors, with an average of eight years' service. Due to promotions and retirements, we are seeking two career minded instructors to join our instructor team.Duties will include providing instruction to Phase I and Navigator students on the Grob 120A, including: student briefings, air lessons, de-briefings and associated administrative tasks. Instructors will also Provide academic ground instruction, Invigilate and review exams in the assigned subjects, including marking, corrections, and the recording of student marks.
KF Aerospace proudly supports the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) by providing state-of-the-art Pilot training in Southport, MB. This training program is supported by state of the art software, stationary and full motion simulators, four fleets of aircraft, a dedicated aerodrome, and support facilities. Our aircraft include the G120A Grob for Phase I and II training, the King Air C-90B for Phase III Multi-Engine training and the Bell 206 Jet Ranger and the Bell 412 for Phase IV training.
The Grob fleet has a cadre of 25 Flight Instructors, with an average of eight years' service.
Due to promotions and retirements, we are seeking two career minded instructors to join our instructor team.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide instruction to Phase I and Navigator students on the Grob 120A, including:
student briefings, air lessons, de-briefings and associated administrative tasks
· Provide academic ground instruction in subjects
· Invigilate and review exams in the assigned subjects, including marking, corrections, and the recording of student marks
· Secondary assigned tasks as required
· Maintain effective communication with staff, students, and military colleagues
Required Certification, Education, Experience or Skills
Must be able to Obtain:
· Public Works and Government Services Enhanced Reliability Clearance
· Successful DND and/or KF Aero QA ride upon completion of training
· Ability to obtain Aerobatic rating (training provided)
· A valid Transport Canada fixed wing Flight Instructor rating (Class 3 or higher)
· Minimum 500 hours instructing experience
· Bilingual - English/French
· A valid Class II Flight Instructor rating or higher and/or
sufficient Flight Instructor experience to obtain a Class II
· 1000 hours instructional experience
· A valid (or have held) Class II Aerobatic Instructor rating or higher
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to adapt to military-style flight instruction and communication protocol
· Demonstrated leadership qualities and professionalism
· Familiar and comfortable with MS Office suite
· Motivated and an effective team contributor
· Strong problem solving capability and self-directed
· Interest in further developing instructional skills
Lifestyle and Compensation:
A DND training syllabus is used to instruct military students, with a two student per instructor ratio. Proficiency flying time in the aircraft is provided and Flight Instructor rating renewals and upgrades are company compensated. Possibilities of promotion into various other roles within the company could include PH II Grob instructor, PH III Multi instructor, Flight Safety Investigators, Standards or Supervisory roles.
We offer a standard benefits package consisting of health, dental, vision, travel medical, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, an employee and family assistance program and paid personal time off. Staff are eligible to join the Company pension plan after the first year of service.
Instructors work 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday and are salary based, which includes paid overtime, statutory holidays as well as annual pay progression scale and bonuses.
· New hires wage: $45,000
· Upon successful military flight test qualification: $59,018.97
· Top PH I Instructor rate: $73,589.08
We recognise our employee's years of service with a milestone service recognition program, employee appreciation events and provide opportunities for professional development.
YVR breaks ground on 20-year, $9.1B expansionVancouver International Airport (YVR) broke ground on a number of…
Scenes from CBAA conventionBusiness aviation professionals from across Canada gathered in Waterloo, Ontario,…
JetBlue founder raising funds for MoxyA report by Airline Weekly explains David Neeleman, who started…
Canada awards Thales MEOSAR contractCanada has awarded Thales Canada the second phase of its…
2018 International Air Show Farnborough
July 16-22, 2018
EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2018
July 23-29, 2018
ADSE - Aerospace Industries Association of Canada
August 9-10, 2018
2018 Canadian International Air Show
September 1-3, 2018
6th annual United States Corporate Aviation Summit (USCAS)
September 6, 2018
7th Annual Mediterranean Business Aviation conference
September 19, 2018
Avionics Technician - Permanent - Cold Lake, ABTop Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training…
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Permanent - Junior - Cold Lake, ABTop Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training…
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) - Permanent - Cold Lake, ABTop Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training…
Seaplane CaptainWe are hiring for a Seaplane Captain's role at Seawings,…