Search for MH370 could expand 60,000 kilometres if no progress made
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Malaysia Airlines said Thursday that the search area for the missing Flight 370 will be expanded by another 60,000 square kilometres in the Indian Ocean if the jetliner is not found by May.
April 16, 2015 By The Associated Press
Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai told reporters that Malaysia, Australia and China, which are leading the search for the Boeing 777 that went missing on March 8 last year, are “committed to the search.”
He told reporters after meeting with his counterparts from the other two countries that so far 61 per cent of the 60,000 kilometre search area has been scoured off Australia’s west coast. The remaining area would have been searched by the end of May, he said. | READ MORE
Stories continue below
Print this page