October 26, 2020 By Wings Staff
Swoop on October 25 launched its operations at Toronto Pearson International Airport, YYZ, completing winter-schedule flights from Toronto to destinations in Montego Bay, Edmonton, Kelowna and Halifax, with additional flights this week also reaching Abbotsford and Cancun. Owned by WestJet, the ultra-low-cost airline’s winter schedule also includes the return to Kelowna International Airport.
“We are excited to be able to bring our ultra-low-cost carrier model to Toronto and serve Canada’s largest city,” said Charles Duncan, President, Swoop. “We know that Canadians are cautious about travelling, and with the significant health and safety measures we have put in place, travellers can rest assured that their safety is our top priority.”
The airline’s scheduled winter service from Toronto Pearson includes direct flights to Kelowna, Abbotsford, Halifax and Edmonton. Sun destinations available include Las Vegas, Orlando, Tampa Bay, Montego Bay and Cancun supported by Swoop Getaways flight plus hotel packages. As part of its winter schedule, Swoop will continue to serve Hamilton with multiple flights per week to Edmonton and Abbotsford. (Schedule highlights are listed below.)
“We’re pleased to welcome Swoop to Toronto Pearson, offering yet another choice for our valued passengers,” said Deborah Flint, President and CEO of the Greater Toronto Airports Authority. “Toronto Pearson is committed to offering an enjoyable airport experience that is focused on health from curb to boarding and back again.”
Some of the health and safety measures introduced by Swoop to better deal with the pandemic include stricter boarding processes allowing for shorter queue wait times, traveller screening measures, increased sanitization, and enforcing face masks to be worn for the duration of the flight.
Additionally, every transborder and international round-trip Swoop flight and Getaways booking now includes no-charge COVID-19 travel insurance coverage – on eligible bookings at time of purchase for bookings made on and after October 15, 2020, for travel until April 24, 2021, and is valid for up to 21 days. One-way travel is excluded.
Highlights of Swoop’s service from Toronto for travel between October 25, 2020, and April 24, 2021 include:
• Toronto and Abbotsford will operate up to 6x weekly, with service every day except Saturday;
• Toronto and Edmonton will operate 6x weekly with service every day except Saturday’
• Toronto and Kelowna will operate up to 4x weekly with service on Monday, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays’
• Toronto and Halifax will operate daily;
• Toronto and Las Vegas will operate up to 4x weekly on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday;
• Toronto and Orlando will operate up to 5x weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays;
• Toronto and Tampa Bay will operate up to 4x weekly on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays;
• Toronto and Cancun will operate up to 5x weekly, with service on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays; and
• Toronto and Montego Bay will operate up to 5x weekly, with service on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Bombardier, Spirit reach new aerostructures deal
- Government of Canada adjusts funding to support Phase 1 of YMX Aerocity