TrueNorth growth reflects BizAv recovery
Feb. 1, 2011, Ottawa - Confirming recent reports of a recovery fueled by the upper end of the business jet market, TrueNorth Avionics announced that it doubled its sales in 2010.
TrueNorth’s upturn was led by the introduction of its revolutionary Simphone¯ OpenCabin™ system, introduced at the end of 2009. An enterprise-level cabin system that features all-digital hardware, an unlimited service life, a suite of upgradeable user-specified ‘apps’ that add unprecedented capability, and the ability to save up to 70% per cent on service costs, Simphone¯ OpenCabin also helped TrueNorth set monthly and quarterly sales records in 2010.
Contributing to this sales success were a number of OEM and program selections, including:
– TrueNorth’s selection by Airbus Corporate Jet Centre as the standard option for Airbus Corporate Jetliner (ACJ) completions
– TrueNorth’s selection by L-3 Communications for integration in its high-performance cabin solutions
– TrueNorth’s selection by Flying Colors for its Challenger 850 completion program
– TrueNorth’s selection for its first Falcon EASy aircraft, installed at the Dassault Service
Center in Wilmington, DE
– TrueNorth’s selection for a second USAF VIP fleet program, aboard the Air Force’s Gulfstream V (C-37A) fleet
– TrueNorth’s selection by Bizjet as the airborne telecom provider for its Airbus A318 Elite completion program
– TrueNorth’s selection by RUAG to provide communications for European Head of State (HOS) aircraft
In addition, TrueNorth announced in 2010 that its Simphone¯ OpenCabin™ system set a new standard for airborne telecom reliability, demonstrating a mean time between failure (MTBF) rate of 50,000 hours, across some 1,200 products over the course of more than 1 million flight hours. Gaining momentum and continuing to introduce new products, TrueNorth is looking forward to helping its customers and dealers continue this pattern of recovery in 2011.