Wings, Helicopters name Top 20 Under 40 winners
By Wings Magazine
July 8, 2014, Simcoe, Ont. - Finding (and retaining) dynamic employees who can lead, innovate and transform corporate cultures is a goal management teams nationwide are always striving to attain. And with a looming crisis of retiring pilots, maintenance workers and other skilled aviation and aerospace professions, the search for these multi-dimensional all-stars is suddenly paramount.
By Wings Magazine
Fortunately, Canada is blessed with talented young aviation and aerospace personnel and many are under the age of 40. In Wings and Helicopters second annual Top 10 Under 40 special report, we proudly highlight some of these top achievers – men and women who have helped transform their organizations in maintenance, business operations, flight operations and more. And this year, we’ve taken it up a notch – highlighting 20 top achievers who are making their marks in their respective organizations.
The 20 individuals featured here were carefully selected by our editorial team following an online contest that ran earlier this spring. Candidates were nominated by colleagues based on their influence to drive change, leadership skills, commitment to clients/colleagues, and their forward thinking towards the industry as a whole. In most cases, nominators had several years of experience working with the candidates, observing how they cultivated their skills and grew in their respected spheres.
Featured alphabetically, our Top 20 Under 40 achievers represent the resourcefulness, commitment and dedication organizations are craving in today’s marketplace. On behalf of the nominees, candidates and winners, we thank you for your support and salute the achievements of all who participated.
• James Ball, Associate Lawyer, Whitelaw Twining Law Corporation, Vancouver
• Brenden Beaudoin, Pilot, Air Canada, Edmonton
• Peter Betz, Director of Maintenance, Slave Lake Helicopters, Slave Lake, Alta.
• Scott Conlin, Chief Engineer, Calgary Police Services Air Support Unit, Calgary
• Robert Cote Jr., Quality Assurance Manager, Canadian Helicopters Ltd., Edmonton
• Darryl Cross, Pilot, Flight Logistics Manager, Bell Aliant, Halifax
• Chris Davenport, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Ornge, London, Ont.
• Joshua Derish, Avionics Engineer, Avmax Avionics, Richmond, B.C.
• Anthony Dyck, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, Fast Air Ltd., Winnipeg
• James Elian, Chief Operating Officer, AirSprint Inc., Calgary
• Auriol Marasco, Aviation Lawyer, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP, Toronto, Ont.
• Shane Menzel, Smithers, B.C. Base Manager, Highland Helicopters, Fort Nelson, B.C.
• Helen Papathanasakis, Chief Operating Officer, Sky Regional Airlines, Mississauga, Ont.
• Jean-Phiippe Pomerleau, Director, Account and Production Management, GAL Aerospace, Montreal
• Chrystal Robertson, Head of Parts Sales, Skyline Helicopter Technologies, Lively, Ont.
• Martin Simard, Manager, Technical Training, CAE, Montreal
• Sean Smith, Managing Director, ENSCO Avionics Canada, Dorval, Que.
• Lukas Veldman, Bentley Thistlewaite, Adam Boyko – Shop Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Avionics Manager – EuroTec Canada Ltd., Millgrove, Ont.
• Tom Woerlen, Director of Maintenance, National Helicopters Inc., Kleinburg, Ont.
• Maury Wood, Customer Support, Avialta Helicopter Maintenance Ltd., Sturgeon County, Alta.