Charity auction set to rock Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
Those who attend the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum’s Sky’s the Limit Charity Auction on Saturday September 23, 2017 will have a unique opportunity to bid on some exceptional experiences and items including:
August 25, 2017 By Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
- One of two Tours of Jay Leno’s Garage in California. This private collection of over 200 vehicles spans 100 years of automotive history and features rare cars including a Monteverdi, a Bugatti Atlantic, and a turbine motorcycle.
- A Propeller blade from the Lancaster when flown to the U.K. in 2014. Bidders can own a piece of history by taking home a retired Hamilton Standard propeller that made the journey across the Atlantic on the Museum’s Lancaster VR-A. The prop is mounted and painted in the correct black body and yellow tip with a plaque stating its authenticity.
- Six tickets to the Chairmen’s Lounge for the 2018 ATP Rogers Cup Men’s Championship in Toronto. One person gets to conduct the coin toss at centre court and have their picture taken with the competitors following the toss. Includes valet parking for three vehicles, access to the Chairman’s Lounge, food and beverages along with a private behind the scenes tour of the event. The purchaser will also receive one framed and autographed tournament poster and each couple receives an autographed tennis ball.
- Beech 18 Flight and dinner with an astronaut and RCAF pilot (the two Daves). The winning bidder will enjoy a flight for four people in the Beechcraft Model 18. The group will fly out of Hamilton with Canadian Astronaut, Dave Williams who holds the claim to spending the most time in space out of the shuttle; and Dave Rohrer, President and CEO of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. The night would begin with a flight briefing by both Daves. After a twilight flight over Niagara Falls in the vintage aircraft, the group will come back to the museum for a privately catered dinner for all six.
- Gretzky Room lunch with Walter Gretzky and private tour of Gretzky family home and trophy room. This experience includes lunch for four people in the “Gretzky Room” at the East Side Mario’s in Brantford, hosted by Walter Gretzky. Following lunch, Walter will take the group on a private tour of the Gretzky family home, including the famous Trophy Room.
Monies raised will go to two deserving organizations: the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum and “Help A Child Smile”. The Museum is a non-profit organization whose mandate is to acquire, document, preserve and maintain a complete collection of aircraft that were flown by Canadians and the Canadian military from the beginning of World War II to the present. “Help A Child Smile” focuses on children with cancer treated at the Children’s Hospital at Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation by providing opportunities for them and their families to smile and have fun.
Tickets are $100. Tables of 8 are $750. This is a black tie/business attire event, with opportunities to partake in silent, live and online auctions for those that cannot attend.
For more information, to donate, or to purchase tickets visit warplane.com.