EASA regulations added to iIS-BAO safety audit software
The 2017 release of iIS-BAO Audit Protocol software, initially launched in April 2015 by Fountain and Associates, will include EASA Organization Requirements for Air Operations (ORO) and Non-commercial Operations with Complex Motor Aircraft (NCC) regulations. Corporate flight departments, auditors and service providers conducting internal or external safety audits will now be able to quickly access these EASA regulations in addition to the more than 400 International Business Aviation Council (IBAC) requirements, related FAA regulations and NASA guidance documents, and the International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) generic company operations manual (GCOM) in one easy-to-use application.
October 5, 2016 By Fountain and Associates
“We’ve been working with several corporate flight departments who regularly fly in European airspace and who need to ensure their operations meet EASA as well as FAA regulations,” said Phillip J. Fountain, founder of Fountain and Associates and the main architect behind the iIS-BAO Audit Protocol software. “Adding the EASA regulations to the iIS-BAO software allows flight department personnel and safety auditors to reference pertinent European and American regulations for any given IBAC requirement with just a few mouse clicks.”
The cloud-based iIS-BAO Audit Protocol software combines current IBAC standards with IS-BAO safety audit requirements, related regulations and advisory circulars, the IS-BAO GCOM, and audit findings comment areas to provide a comprehensive safety management system (SMS) documentation, audit, and training tool.
iIS-BAO Audit Protocol software features include:
- Modularized access to the current IS-BAO requirements plus related reference and guidance documents
- Ability to include/exclude helicopter requirements
- One-touch toggle showing all relevant standards or only new or changed requirements since last protocol cycle
- Ability to incorporate and export operator-specific cross-references to their own company operations manual
- Options to create audit questions for various company roles (president, chief pilot, director of maintenance, etc.)
- Optional in-flight inspection section
- Areas to enter comments on findings and analysis for each requirement
- Automated aggregation of findings and PDF report generation
Available for Windows 10, Mac OS X and iOS (iPad) platforms, the iIS-BAO software saves each customer’s data on a secure cloud-based server, allowing access to the data from laptops,iPadsand desktop computers. All user information can be carried forward to the next protocol cycle, reducing the time it takes to conduct future audits. Tabbed content and “copy and paste” features also save development, maintenance and auditing time. When an audit is complete, the software checks all report documents and generates a PDF report with one press of a button.