Wings Magazine

Embraer names Marco Tuli Pellegrini OGMA CEO

Embraer has announced Marco Tulio Pellegrini the new CEO of OGMA – Indústria Aeronáutica de Portugal. He succeeds Rodrigo Almeida Rosa who will take over as CFO of Embraer Europe, responsible for the company’s finance activities in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The change will become effective as of April 3.

February 27, 2017  By Embraer

“Embraer and OGMA have strengthened the levels of industrial cooperation to leverage capabilities in designing, manufacturing and services for the global market. It is an honour to take the helm of this almost centenary company to lead new businesses and growth opportunities of this important Portuguese Company,” said Tulio Pellegrini.

With historical achievements since its creation in 1918, OGMA is an important worldwide player in the maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) and manufacturing markets.

OGMA holds extensive experience in commercial, executive and defence aviation. The company offers high quality solutions and services to the MRO market that includes maintenance, repair and civil and military aircraft overhaul, engines and parts, components and engineering support.


OGMA is as well an established and authorized maintenance centre for several Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), including Embraer, Lockheed Martin, Rolls-Royce, among others. 

In the Aerostructures market OGMA it’s a major supplier of integrated solutions to the main OEM’s and partners. The Alverca-base company has a direct participation in development of KC-390 multi-mission military airlift’s program, by manufacturing the central fuselage, right and left sponsons and elevators, made by composite material and metal alloys. The involvement of OGMA in the KC-390 program started at the very first stage of aircraft planning and design, as a result of partnership with Embraer.

OGMA is a joint-venture between Embraer – with 65% of the share capital – and the government of Portugal, which retains the remaining 35% stake. It employs over 1,700 people and its 2016 revenue amounted EUR 195 million. 


Stories continue below