P&WC Long Beach regional service centre increases capacity
Oct. 29, 2012, Orlando, Fla. - Pratt & Whitney Engine Services’(PWES) regional service centre in Long Beach, California will be moving to new, larger facilities in order to meet customer demand.
October 29, 2012 By Carey Fredericks
The announcement was made during the National Business Aviation Association’s 65th annual meeting and convention in Orlando, Florida. P&WC is a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX).
“The West Coast of the United States is an important hub for the general aviation and turboshaft sectors” said Raffaele Virgili, vice-president, customer service, P&WC. “It is important for P&WC to be able to meet the support and servicing needs of operators flying our engines in this region and that is the reason we are increasing our capacity at this facility. Our priority is to keep our customers flying and to put the global capabilities of our customer service operation at their disposal.”
The doors to the PWES Long Beach regional service centre will open on November 1 at its new location, 11190 Valley View Street, Cypress, California, 90630.
As part of our global sustainability plan, this new 23,000-square-foot building offers energy efficiency as well as an additional 4,500 square feet of usable space. The increased space not only will allow for a new machine/clean line room to support broader repairs, it will also translate into increased speed and responsiveness for operators.
“Some 75 operators that use this centre will benefit from the reduced turnaround times the additional 30% capacity provides,” concluded Virgili.
Future capabilities made possible by the move will be phased in over the coming six months and will include:
– PT6T reduction gearbox heavy maintenance/light overhauls
– PW200/PW210 heavy maintenance: Hot Section Inspection (HSI), Foreign Object Damage (FOD) and service bulletin upgrades
– PT6C heavy maintenance and HSIs
– PW535/545 heavy maintenance and accessory gearbox modifications
– PW617/PW615 heavy maintenance, HSI and component upgrades
– PT6A reduction gearbox, overhaul, cold section heavy repairs
– PT6T clutch components, overhaul
– Dedicated repair areas for larger engine models, more in-depth work scopes.